NAVIGATE TO THE LIGHTHOUSE
Read a Preview
About The Book
Execute a “lighthouse” deal to catapult your startup over the chasm of early adopters and into lands of new opportunities, with trillion-dollar companies. Navigate to the Lighthouse: A Silicon Valley Guide to Executing Global Deals explains how to do that by using strategic business development as a competitive advantage.
When you approach the chasm and look afar at lighthouses shining on potential trajectory-changing deals, two questions likely cross your mind: Should I invest the time and resources to pursue what seems like impossible deals? If so, what’s the path to get there—strategically and tactically?
Kurt Davis has the answers in Navigate to the Lighthouse: A Silicon Valley Guide to Executing Global Deals. He’s gone through the journey, and now he wants to share his hard-earned knowledge with you. He breaks the process down into three parts: Chart Your Course, Galvanize Your Crew and Maneuver Strategically, Land the Deal and Expand. Master these and you’ll be on your way to landing the lighthouses and building an enduring business.
Derived from the book, Crossing the Chasm
- Jon Prideaux -- CEO of Boku
- Ron Hirson -- Former CPO of Docusign and Founder of Boku
- Mark Britto -- EVP of PayPal and Founder of Boku
- Thomas Clayton -- Chief Revenue Officer of Bill.com
- James Higa -- Former Apple Executive and Partner at Offline.vc
- Mike Ghaffary -- Former VP of Yelp and Partner at Canvas Ventures
- Emil Michael -- Former Chief Business Officer of Uber
- Joanne Liu -- Boku, Adyen, and Paypal Silicon Valley CS Executive
- Adam Lee -- Chief Product Officer of Boku
- Mark Jacobstein -- Serial Entrepreneur with four exits
- Brian Isleib -- Corp Development and Finance Executive
- Alberto Moel -- SVP Veobot, Japan/Asia Specialist
- Nicholas Reidy -- Silicon Valley Customer Success Executive
- Ranjan Reddy -- Founder of Bureau Inc.; Indian-focused expert
- Stephen Lee -- Corp Dev of Treasure Data, Partner Carbide Ventures
- Junichi Fujimoto -- Japan Entry Specialist
- Jason Spero -- Mobile Executive at Google
- Jessica Notini -- Principal of Notini Mediation, Facilitation & Training Services
- Dorie Clark -- Author of 'Reinventing You' and Duke Fuqua School Executive Education Faculty
- Josh Wein -- Silicon Valley Marketing/PR Executive
- Gregg Delman -- Founder of G Three Media
- Mark Gerban -- Multinational Technology Executive in Europe
- Max Lehmann -- Global Business Development Expert Adyen and Boku
- Joseph Tou -- Sony Entertainment Corporate Development
- Kevin Grant -- Business Development Mobile and Technology Expert
More About Kurt
Kurt Davis is a technology executive and investor with over two decades of experience building tech startups throughout Silicon Valley, Europe, and Asia. From 2008-2017, he worked with a startup called Boku where he led global business development, focusing on deals with Apple, Microsoft, Spotify, Sony, and more. This book documents and chronicles Boku’s journey from closing small sales deals to transactions worth billions of dollars in transactions. Speaking to other entrepreneurs, he realized that many get stuck in their initial market but few leap the chasm to bigger opportunities. So he wrote this book.
His first book, Finding Soul: From Silicon Valley to Africa, was born of his journey in 2017 working at entrepreneurship centers in sub-Saharan Africa. For more from Kurt visit KDAlive.com.